Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Electrical Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for being the liaison between the Company and the owner/GC, responsible for the administration of safety program to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Perform frequent audits of all work areas and Job Sites.
- Provide safety expertise in response to all identified deficiencies and requests for safety assistance.
- Perform constant follow-up to ensure employees are following safety requirements.
- Assist management with guidance on how to complete tasks safely.
- Coordinate on and approve work plans for critical tasks.
- Resolve all safety issues that arise from customers, employees, and company managers.
- Perform comprehensive, in-depth investigations of all injury and loss incidents, identify all causal factors, develop and implement measures to prevent recurrence, and follow up to ensure long-term resolution.
- Coordinate with company management team and customer agencies to ensure all safety requirements are identified, communicated to employees, and fulfilled.
- Assist customer in providing emergency response, as needed.
- The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to those listed above and other duties may be assigned.
- Liaison with MOL & other governing bodies i.e. WSIB, Police, Investigator’s etc…
- New employee orientation including, office and field staff.
- Bachelor’s in Applied Science – Occupational Health & Safety
- 1-3 years of safety construction experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Professional association Safety certification preferred;
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations & recommend corrective measures is essential;
- Thorough understanding of all federal, provincial and local regulations;
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.);
- Tactful and has professional demeanor, and ability to interact effectively with managers, employees, vendors and others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
- Must have a clean driving record to be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Effective time Management skills.
- Must be willing to travel 50%
EQUAL OPPURTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Symtech Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We invite all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require accommodate at any point of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources department to ensure your needs are accommodated throughout the process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com