Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Perform and prioritize technical duties per documented processes and procedures. Tasks include but are not limited to assignments on server and hardware issues, troubleshooting, reconfigurations, network hardware installation and removals, asset management, review infrastructure build out checklists, and responding to client service needs on a daily basis.
- Apply Hands and Eyes Documented Procedures to daily tasks.
- Rebooting and Power Cycling servers and reading LED Indicators when requested and replying to instructions.
- Logging into server devices through portable consoles.
- Reseating Fiber or Network Cables.
- Installing PDUs.Servers,Firewalls.
- Loading or burning CDs, DVDs or USBs per client requests.
- Locating servers and devices in internal Database systems.
- Connecting Monitors and Keyboards to servers.
- Testing Copper and Fiber cables.
- Visually inspecting Power Cables to verify power connection.
- Visually inspecting Fiber/Network Cables for link lights.
- Updating of internal spreadsheets once tasks/requests are closed.
- Configuration of ILO’s, ILOM, IDRAC.
- Reviewing and approving Service Manager Incident and Change tickets.
- Troubleshooting servers with hardware and network issues.
- Reviewing and approving Service Manager Tickets for onsite vendor visits.
- Work with knowledgebase of multilayer switches, load balancers and firewalls.
- Effectively engage vendors, system administrators, and network personnel to resolve issues timely and efficiently.
- Escalate issues and problems according to documented standard operating procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 3+ years Microsoft Office experience with emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge and experience of ticketing systems.
- Ability to function well under pressure with multiple priorities
- Highly organized and able to coordinate with other team members.
- Possess exceptional communication skills in order to interact with internal/external customers, suppliers, and staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Experience with critical thinking, problem solving, and analytic concepts.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Must be able to cover a multitude of rotational shifts. Holidays and weekends are required.
EQUAL OPPURTUNITY EMPLOYER
Symtech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Individuals seeking employment at Symtech are considered without regards to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Employment is based solely upon one’s individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence.
Data Center 1-2 years will be considered an asset.
There are 4 openings in total in Mississauga, ON and Markham, ON
To apply for this job please visit symtech.com .