Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Perform Media administrative and Asset management duties per documented processes and procedures. Tasks include but are not limited to scanning, verifying, read and interpret data, processing media movements, performing media audits, creating various reports, support disaster recovery tests, and actively troubleshooting soft hardware requests on a daily basis.
- Prepare media for backup processes including daily media mounts and dismounts.
- Scanning and verifying all media.
- Maintain inventory utilizing media database to ensure 100% live tracking of all media including LTO, DLT, USB and Hard drives.
- Collect and coordinate media for processing off-site shipments.
- Provide support for a variety of independent backups on various platforms (Mainframe, Leveraged, NetBackup, Data protector) and Operating systems (Linux, Windows servers, UNIX).
- Perform system shutdown, start-ups and related duties as directed.
- Notify hardware support of any hardware/software related problems according to established procedures.
- Analyze and solve data inconsistencies using spreadsheets for generating reports.
- Communicating with backup teams to resolve media-related issues through email and phone.
- Provide Team lead with data for daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly metric reports.
- Manage and track all incident tickets to ensure resolutions within defined SLAs.
- Maintain all documentation necessary to comply with client requirements.
Asset management duties:
- Maintain Asset management Inventory
- Update Assets and required changes
- Audit Inventory on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis
- Generate reports for Asset management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 3+ years Microsoft Office experience with emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge and experience of ticketing systems.
- Ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks and projects.
- Self-motivated with accountability and able to work as part of a team.
- Possess exceptional communication skills in order to interact with internal/external customers, suppliers, and staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Experience with critical thinking, problem solving, and analytic concepts.
- Ability to use mathematical skills for measuring and calculating.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
Must be able to cover a multitude of rotational shifts. Holidays and weekends maybe required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Symtech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Individuals seeking employment at Symtech are considered without regards to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Employment is based solely upon one’s individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence.
Data Center 1+ year will be considered an asset.
There are 2 openings in total in Mississauga, ON and Markham, ON
To apply for this job please visit symtech.com .