Symtech Innovations Ltd
Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for purchase of electrical and construction materials as it pertains to electrical contracting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- All material purchasing for Service, Tenant and Fast Track projects.
- Receive and process Field and Project generated material requests.
- Receive and evaluate vendor bids considering price, delivery requirements and performance of vendor to determine successful bidder.
- Interface with field forces, Project teams and vendors to coordinate and ensure timely and complete deliveries.
- When required, handle Field and Project generated rental equipment requirements.
- Manage and monitor vendor performance.
- Entry of purchase orders into Jonas software.
- Handle Day-to-Day return material requests to ensure project receives proper and timely credits.
- Establish and maintain working contact with vendors. Meet with sales and vendor representatives periodically to learn about new and innovative products.
- Perform additional duties as directed by Purchasing or Division Manager.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
Education and Experience
- Proven experience with electrical construction purchasing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of electrical equipment and construction materials.
- Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures, policies and accounting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident, articulate, and professionalspeaking abilities (and experience)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Familiar to proficient with Jonas software preferred.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
- Noise level is usually low to medium
Job Type: Full-time
- Richmond Hill, ON
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org