Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
SYMTECH Innovations is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
We embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We recognize the systemic barriers in place and are committed to changing them. It is our focus to help our employees succeed so they can have a positive impact on our customers and the communities we serve.
SYMTECH Innovations diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
All employees of SYMTECH Innovations have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times. All employees are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the work site, and at all other company-sponsored and participative events.
Any employee found to have exhibited any inappropriate conduct or behavior against others may be subject to disciplinary action.
Employees who believe they have been subjected to any kind of discrimination that conflicts with the company’s diversity policy and initiatives should seek assistance from a supervisor or an HR representative.
What is Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at SYMTECH Innovations
- Symtech prides itself on promoting a workplace culture that encourages and fosters teamwork, consideration and respect. We believe that each employee has a positive impact on our activities and operations and will directly contribute to our success. We will make every effort to support all employees and to create an environment in which all can achieve their highest level of excellence.
- Symtech strives to maintain a workplace free of harassment and is sensitive to the diversity of its employees.
- We promote and support a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace for all. Our organization does not tolerate or condone any type of workplace violence, bullying and/or harassment of our employees. This includes harassment based on characteristics protected by local, provincial or federal law, such as sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability and marital status.
- We will not permit our employees to be harassed by Senior Managers, Managers, Supervisors, co-workers or third-parties such as vendors, clients or customers.
- Symtechs Diversity & Inclusion program is prevalent throughout our operations.
- Diversity & Inclusion is promoted throughout all aspects of Symtech Innovations Operations.
- While Symtech operates on a basis of equality, we recognize that equity plays a role in ensuring Diversity & inclusion programs are successfully executed.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Our Employees, Vendors and Suppliers
- Symtech believes that our people are our most valuable assets, and we strive to attract and retain exceptional employees, suppliers, and vendors.
- We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce as we recognize the advantages of diverse viewpoints, thoughts, approaches and ideas. The Symtech culture is inclusive where everyone matters, is treated with respect, is heard, and feels valued and a sense of belonging.
- Our recruitment and procurement processes are merit-based, and we strive to make all opportunities available to a wide variety of candidates and suppliers.
- Our high ethical standards ensure that we employ and work with only those who share our commitment to inclusion, excellence, and innovation. We have a robust program in place that addresses discrimination, and we strive to provide educational opportunities to our employees that increases their awareness of diversity and inclusion.
- Symtech is represented on the Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario's newly created Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee, and we are committed to working together with all stakeholders to improve diversity and inclusion practices in our organization and the industry as a whole.
Commitment to Continuous Development
- We recognize that the world is changing. While we strive to be leaders of change, that is not always a possibility.
- We pledge to provide on going education relating to equity, diversity and inclusion to all employees, customers, vendors and to the communities we serve.
- We encourage our employees, customers, vendors and communities to always be part of this conversation.
Tell us how we can do better.
Commitment and Goals
Through our ongoing commitment to Continuous Development...
Our goal is to educate. To educate our managers, our employees, our clients, our vendors and suppliers.
Our goal is to understand. We want all of our decisions to be data driven.
Our goal is to get educated. To conduct research on how the society we serve is changing. What are the current best practices? What are people doing across the nation to achieve this? What about across the world?
Our goal is to plan. We have ideas, but we want all members of Symtech to have a voice in this.
Our goal is to execute. To execute our plan throughout our operations in Canada and the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Symtech Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources Department. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.