Website Symtech Innovations Ltd
Service Beyond Expectations
Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please include the following information in your email
- Name and contact number
- When you are available to start working
- Position applying for
- Salary or hourly expectations
- Why we should hire you
This is an entry-level position that provides direct support to the Project Manager and Field Staff. Working under direct supervision, the Project Coordinator aids in the acquisition and execution of phase(s) of project delivery defined in the essential duties section. This position must follow specific and defined procedures and instructions (verbal and written), and requires supervisor approval of proposed actions. A Degree in Construction Management is preferred.
- Assist Project Managers in obtaining shop drawings from Manufacturers, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Preparation and logging of shop drawings for issue to the General Contractor/Owner and Engineers. Follow up and distribution of the approved shop drawings and all project related documents to the Manufacturers, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Set up the Prime Contract and input of budget
- Set up of purchase orders for Subcontractors, Suppliers and Manufacturers.
- Entry of change orders and distribution of change notices/orders to Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Prepare and print monthly cost reports for the Project Managers
- Preparation and monthly update of the work in progress (WIP) forecast sheets.
- Copy and distribution of drawings and change orders
- Project Accountant
- Manage and issue project deficiency punch list process
- Preparation and management of commissioning and project specific quality control forms
- Organize and obtain drawings and specifications from our clients for distribution to our Sub-Contractors
- Support the Project Manager, Project Team and Site Superintendents in any administrative project functions
- Attend site meetings and visit job sites as required to support the Project Team
- Participate in our company operational meetings such as Project Delivery meetings, staff meetings, Project Status review meetings
- Participate in training seminars and courses on an ongoing basis. The cost of these courses will either be covered or will be reimbursed
EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Previous experience working in the electrical construction industry would be an asset
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with project or construction management software is an asset
- An ability to read, understand, interpret construction plans is desired
- Must have excellent reading as well as writing skills
- Effective communicator with the ability to develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels
- Sense of urgency and drive to succeed. Must be comfortable working within a deadline driven fast paced environment
- Resourceful, energetic and able to manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player
- Driver’s license and the ability to travel to job sites
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Symtech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Individuals seeking employment at Symtech are considered without regards to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
- Employment here is based solely upon one’s individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org